XGEN SPLINE TRANSFER
XGen Spline Description transfer. Though it requires a bit of process, this tool simplifies the steps.
- Please do a Deep Backup first
- Topology and UV of the old and new geometries must be the same.
- It’s highly recommended to use this tool to transfer from one growth geometry to another ‘within’ the ‘same’ XGen collection and in the same Maya scene.
- The transferred description can not be renamed, it will have to use the same name as the exported description name.
- NOTE: If you are experiencing ‘versioning’ of descriptions, for example, your have exported a description named “groom_des”, but when imported onto the new growth mesh and it gets re-named to “groom_des1” or “groom_des2”, that means you have a “groom_des” folder somewhere in your Collections folder. Please rename that folder so the transfer does not clash with the old folder.
- The tool automatically renames the old folder upon exporting. If you are transferring across Maya scenes or across different XGen collections, the above issue can happen.
- The growth mesh name needs to be the same between the old and the new.
- The tool will only transfer the baked .PTEX files to its associated folders. Unfortunately, if you have to edit the textures on the transferred geo, you will have to re-create the texture.